Ministry Percentages and Why We Need Mentoring
- 10% of our Clergy have a second job (makes thriving more difficult)
- 47% take 2 weeks or less vacation time
- 63% do not have more than $5k - makes transitions tough when you don’t have money to i.e. transfer - cash to pay for $5k birth of child, etc., transfer from a Parish, etc.
- 85% save less than 10% of income for retirement and 60% save less than 5% - which makes transition to retirement impossible – a work till you drop scenario.
- 85% (of an aging population of Clergy) has less than $200k saved for retirement - 70% less than $100k - 52% less than $50k
- 39% carry student loan debt (lack of younger respondents) - makes transition into ministry/small Parish difficult
- 36% carry medical debt
- 65% feel their retirement income will be inadequate