This sense of resurrection joy, so vividly described by Bishop Nikolai, forms the foundation of all the worship of the Orthodox Church; it is the one and only basis for our Christian life and hope. Yet, in order for us to experience the full power of this Paschal rejoicing, each of us needs to pass through a time of preparation. 'We waited,' says Bishop Nikolai, 'and at last our expectations were fulfilled.' Without this waiting, without this expectant preparation, the deeper meaning of the Easter celebration will be lost.Read More
- Charter of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Making Lent Great for Your Family
- Schedule of Events for Archbishop Demetrios for Holy Week and Pascha - April 19-28, 2003
- Dr. Antonios Kireopoulos Named To Lead NCC International Affairs And Peace Work
- Orthodox Participation in Ecumenical Movement: "There is No Alternative to Dialogue"