- Purpose - create, support and affect Archdiocese network for clergy, clergy families, lay leaders and ministry professionals enhance ministerial excellence and a healthy clergy family.
- Goal - more comprehensive programs for clergy families, clergy teams, and parish programs.
- Provide greater financial knowledge/advocate the best practices for pastoral and lay leaders to continually enhance plan for clergy support in meeting economic challenges.
- We want our priests to be uninhibited, to serve Christ more fully, without the distractions of unmerited stress and exhausting financial burdens, to offer your whole self to Christ even more profoundly – for you to be continually growing healthier and stronger spiritually, physically, mentally and financially.
- Help our Priests offer whole self to Christ more profoundly; continually grow healthier, stronger spiritually, physically, mentally and financially.
- Financial pressures can undermine the effectiveness of Priests.
- Grant from the Clergy Family Initiative Program ranging from $1,000 to $10,000.
- 40 priests = $399,888.88.
- First Grant Program - 60 priests who are with financial debt, 40 given, 8 waived, and 12 still working on it.
- Second New Program – 25 priests who are with financial debt, 1 grant of $10,000 given with another in progress, and hope 70 clergy will apply from 2020 to 2022.
- Overall steady state by the end of 2022.
- This program has had a very positive effect on their lives, families, marriages, ministry, and communities. They have expressed their deep appreciation for the alleviation of some of their debt. The remaining 12 participants have also found this program to be a significantly productive and meaningful process.
Clergy Initiative Fact Sheet
We invite you all to view the Clergy Initiative video of your particular Metropolis.
We encourage the beloved Clergy of our Archdiocese to apply for the Clergy Initiative Financial Literacy and Grant Program.
It is our heartfelt prayer that, as Parish Lay Leaders, you will learn more about the ministry of your Priest, and his personal challenges, and the need to grow as co-workers in sharing the Ministry of Christ.
It has been shown that this program benefits the financial health and well-being of the Priest and his family, and by extension, their Parishes and Parishioners."
His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros of America