The Direct Archdiocesan District Office of Education organizes once a year a Seminar aiming at the professional development of all teachers (Greek and English programs) serving in the Greek Orthodox parochial day and afternoon schools of the District and the surrounding areas.
The Seminar includes a vast array of workshops covering all areas of instruction. These workshops as well as others held throughout the year are financed partly by federal funds earmarked for teacher training. They are designed and implemented in collaboration with the New York City Department of Education and institutions of higher learning.
- Encyclical (English and Greek)
- General Program
- Greek Workshop
- English and Greek Workshops
- Loan Words From Both Greek and English Languages by Dr. Georgios Papanastasiou
- Assessment of Language Learning Skills by Prof. Panagiotis Andreou
- "The relation of the Greek Language and its Script Form Throughout the Centuries" by Dr. Georgios Papanastasiou
- "Bilingualism and Teaching Greek in the Classroom and on the Internet" by Dr. Eleni Skourtou