This section highlights our effort to profile exceptional parish ministries from throughout the Archdiocese of America, with a step-by-step plan for implementation.
The most basic task of the Church leader is to discern the spiritual gifts of all those under his authority, and to encourage those gifts to be used to the full for the benefit of all. Only a person who can discern the gifts of others and can humbly rejoice at the flowering of those gifts is fit to lead the Church.
Saint John Chrysostom
We ask that you share the successful ministries of your parish that they might be implemented in other parishes throughout the Archdiocese.
- The Challenge Liturgy: A Divine Liturgy for Physically & Mentally Challenged Orthodox Christians
- The Life Ministry Program: A Ministry to New Mothers in Need
- The Grief and Bereavement Support Group
- Parish Nurse: Standing on Sacred Ground
- S.H.A.L.O.M.: A Ministry to the Homeless
- The Parish Bookstore
- Welcome Neighbor Sunday: A Neighborhood Outreach Program
- A Visitor's Introduction to the Orhodox Church
- Parish Activities Coordinator
- Introduction to Orthodoxy as Outreach
- Mission in the Local Church: The Universe is our Parish