Research across all denominations shows that the economic challenges all Clergy face pose a major impediment to ministerial excellence. The Financial Literacy Program that we are doing for each Metropolis is to raise awareness about the unique challenges our Clergy and their families face; provide some basic financial resources for our Clergy; and also let them know about the MEF.
We have very powerful research data regarding the state of our Clergy that indicates widespread financial stress as one of the major findings. The Clergy Initiative seeks to mitigate financial stress through education and through validated direct grants.
Fr. Al Demos oversees the MEF program with Fr. Constantine L. Sitaras, Clergy Initiative Chairman. Clergy can receive a grant of up to $10,000 after the following are completed:
- Enrollment in the program and complete a confidential application with some basic debt information.
- Enrollment in Pete the Planner which is a web-based financial management program. (The Clergy Initiative Grant covers this cost).
- Enrollment and completion of the Dave Ramsey Program of the Financial Peace University. (Cost covered by The Clergy Initiative Grant).
- Access to private mentoring with Father Al Demos, the Administrator for the Clergy Initiative and confidant for the Clergy.
- Submission of debt to be paid for by the Grant. Funds go directly to the financial institution(s).
- Completion of a confidential financial and debt survey after the Program is concluded.
This $10,000 Grant can be utilized to help pay down student loans, medical debt, credit card debt, or if no debt, to enhance retirement fund.
For further information please contact: Fr. Al Demos at (917) 842-9844 or [email protected].
"For years I walked around with a heavy heart because of poor financial decisions. The weight was crushing me. I started listening to the Dave Ramsey Program…the experience has been life changing and has brought much peace to my life. I am so grateful! Thank you for making a difference in my life, my family's life, and in my Ministry!”