Do you know of someone in your family or community with a fascinating story to tell?
Interview and write the life story of an elderly immigrant with Greek or Cypriot roots living (either) independently or dependently, such as in a nursing home, assisted living, etc.; or interview the child or spouse of an elderly or deceased immigrant and tell their life story.
Tell of their life before and after coming to the U.S.
- • where they traveled from and why they left
- • who they traveled with and how they traveled
- • who they prayed to for strength and any miracles
- • how old they were when they arrived to the U.S.
- • what challenges they faced
- • what did they do here in the U.S.
- • of them, their family
- • of places where they lived abroad, and in the U.S.
- • of their favorite places and pastimes, both abroad and in the U.S.
Provide samples of
- • their favorite Greek songs, hymns, poems, etc.
You are not limited to only the above questions, nor are all of the above imperative
Type this in Greek and in English in a Word document. Provide a copy for the person you interviewed and send a copy to:
The Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Department of Greek Education
5201 Ellsworth Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Also email a copy with the pictures separately (not in the word document) to [email protected]
Student interviewers are from 4th – 12th grade. Awards given to students who display thoroughness and hard work.