Mission and Responsibilities
The IT Department’s mission and charge exists to aid in proclaiming the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Information Technology (IT) Department is responsible for overseeing all Archdiocesan technologies. The IT Department provides strategic visioning, development, and operational support to the Archdiocese. Thus, the mission of the IT Department is multifaceted and includes:
1. Developing and implementing the Archdiocese’s overall technology strategy and strategic plan
2. Overseeing and approving all technological development, applications and services for the Archdiocese and all her Departments
3. Evaluating emerging technologies
4. Generating technology policies and procedures
5. Setting and enforcing digital graphics standards
6. Establishing Archdiocesan technology standards and compliance guidelines
7. Creating secure, reliable and effective information systems within the Archdiocese and between the Archdiocese, its Metropolises, institutions, organizations, and parishes.
8. Maintaining the infrastructure that supports those systems
9. Providing technical support to the people who use those systems
The fulfillment of this mission involves assessing the technology and informational needs of the Archdiocese as a whole, recommending, and implementing solutions to meet those needs. The IT Department is responsible for all computer operations and systems at the Archdiocese. Coordinating technology efforts in the various Archdiocesan departments, organizations and institutions is also a focal point for the Department in order to provide standardization of technology and improve the speed, efficiency and accuracy of information shared and disseminated. The IT Department also works closely with the Department of Internet Ministries, which is the department directly responsible for digital ministry to the parishes and parishioners of the Archdiocese.