His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros
Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
His Eminence Metropolitan Methodios
Metropolitan of the Metropolis of Boston
His Eminence Metropolitan Isaiah
Metropolitan of the Metropolis of Denver
His Eminence Metropolitan Alexios
Metropolitan of the Metropolis of Atlanta
His Eminence Metropolitan Nicholas
Metropolitan of the Metropolis of Detroit
His Eminence Metropolitan Savas
Metropolitan of the Metropolis of Pittsburgh
His Eminence Metropolitan Gerasimos
Metropolitan of the Metropolis of San Francisco
His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael
Metropolitan of the Metropolis of Chicago
Office of the Secretary of the Holy Eparchial Synod
10 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075-0106
Tel: (212) 774-0542
Fax: (212) 774-0214
His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros, President
His Grace Bishop Athenagoras Ziliaskopoulos Chief Secretary
V. Rev. Nikiforos Fakinos, Undersecretary
The Office of the Holy Eparchial Synod expresses through its work the unity of the Holy Archdiocese. The primary goal of the Office is to provide timely execution of the decisions taken by the Holy Eparchial Synod as well as to assist and coordinate the process of the work being accomplished by the various Synodal committees of the Archdiocese. In addition, the Office is responsible for:
- Communicating information relevant to the work of the Synod
- Issuing official communiqués on behalf of the Synod
- Promulgating official encyclicals issued by the Synod
- Distributing the Holy Chrism received from the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
The Synod in recent years through the work of the Synodal committees which are chaired by a Member of the Holy Eparchial Synod has produced a number of official documents for the needs of the Archdiocese. Among them are:
- An authorized translation of the Nicene Creed and the Lord’s Prayer.
- A revised Baptism Certificate which responds to various circumstances of the family, or lack thereof, without penalizing the children.
- Revised the booklet, “Welcome to the Parish Council” to better prepare Parish Council members in assuming their responsibilities.
- Regulations of the Composition and Function of the Holy Eparchial Synod of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
- General Regulations for the Establishment and Operation of Holy Monasteries in the Archdiocese of America.
- Official translation into English from the original Greek of the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom as approved by the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
- Spiritual Court Regulations.