Featuring Dr. Demetrios S. Katos and Dr. James C. Skedros, this video discusses the Early Church from the beginning through the Ecumenical Councils.
- How was Jesus looked upon during His time? How did people receive Him?
- Some people call the Orthodox Church "the ancient Church". What does that mean?
- How was Christianity influenced by its connection and relationship to the Roman Empire or the wider culture of the time?
- What is an Ecumenical Council and what is its purpose?
- How do the events of the first millennium still influence the Orthodox Church today?
Discovering Orthodox Christianity is a series of talks, shows, and presentations designed to introduce and explain the basic teaching of Orthodox Christianity. Sponsored by the Leadership 100 Endowment Fund the series covers a wide range of topics with the goal of educating the viewer in simple, easy to understand terms.