National Philoptochos is Hiring!
The National Philoptochos Administrative Assistant ensures the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the office and managing general administrative activities for the Society. The candidate for this role will have excellent organization, time management, and communication skills. This is a New York-City based in office position. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director and works under the supervision of the Director, and Executive Officers of the National Philoptochos Board.
The successful applicant must demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Society’s ethos, mission, goals, and programs, as well as the Orthodox Christian faith, culture. Knowledge of the Greek language is preferred but not required. Previous experience as a secretary or Administrative Assistant is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for both face to face and remote operations
- A working knowledge of software and database programs, particularly Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment.
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a small office environment
A bachelor’s degree or higher is required. Prior work experience at a non-profit organization is a plus.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Organize and schedule appointments, Zoom meetings, and/ or Team Meetings.
- Assist with planning National Board Meetings and/ or Events.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos for National Board, Metropolis Boards, and Chapters Boards, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Order office supplies, cleaning supplies, kitchen supplies, and research new deals and suppliers.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Banking- complete remote deposits via check scanner and physical deposits at banking institutions.
- Fulfill and maintain Shoppe Philoptochos orders and supplies (branded society merchandise).
Skills Knowledge and Expertise:
- A bachelor’s degree and work experience.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant or Office Admin Assistant providing “front desk” service.
- Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Knowledge of the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Suite, and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Nonprofit preferred, but not required.
- Excellent time management, organization, problem solving and research skills with a strong attention to detail the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a small office environment.
- Positive attitude, show concerns for people and community, and demonstrate self-confidence, common sense, and excellent listening skills.
Interested candidate should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].