BooksHoly Week-Easter Service Book: This is the first complete HOLY WEEK-EASTER Book ever published. Original Greek text with the modern English Translation on the opposite page. All paragraphs are in similar places for both Languages, making it easy to follow, no matter in which language the Services are held.
Journey through Holy Week Zine: Follow Christ and the Church through each stage of Holy Week—from the Saturday of Lazarus to the Agape Vespers service—with this new full-color guide from the Department of Religious Education. In the zinestyle booklet, author Stephania Gianulis pinpoints the relevance and meanings of the services, hymns, and scripture readings. Special features on each page illuminate icons, traditions, and history. Suitable for ages 10 and up—for use during retreats, in church, at home, or in the classroom.
Holy Week Parent Guide: This guide is offered as a companion to use alongside the Journey through Holy Week Zine to help you and your family walk through this most holy of weeks together. We pray that this resource will help your family grow closer to our Lord and Savior.
Family Guide on the Resurrection
Our Family's Lenten Journey (courtesy Illumination Learning):
Almsgiving: A family activity to encourage and teach our children about almsgiving
Prayer: Encouragements for parents to pray with their children
Fasting: An easy to follow food chard, simple recipes, and ideas for children beginning to fast
- Paschal Polygotta: Learn how to say "Christ is Risen: Truly He is Risen!" in 250 languages here
- Holy Week Icon Ornament Kit: This ornament kit includes 7 pre-printed shrink-plastic sheets and instructions to make seven easy-to-make (for all ages) ornaments including: Entry into Jerusalem * Christ the Bridegroom * Christ Washing the Disciples Feet * The Last Supper * "Before Thy Cross We Bow" * The Burial of Christ * The Resurrection of Christ (Available for purchase here)
- Pascha Passports: Record your family's journey through Lent and Holy Week. This journey is personal, and we think you will learn a lot along the way. There are many places to go on your way to Pascha and we hope you visit as many destinations as you can. Each time you visit a new location you can have your passport stamped, so don’t forget to bring it along! More importantly, don’t forget your ultimate destination: the empty tomb of Christ and the celebration of His victory over death—the Resurrection. (Available for purchase here)
- Goarch site with many Lenten resources: www.lent.goarch.org
Come Receive the Light CD by Eikona: The Orthros Service of Holy Pascha (Easter). The most widely attended service of the year, it is filled with hymns of exhortation and joyful praise, announcing the good news of Christ's Resurrection.
All Creation Trembled CD by The Holy Cross Byzantine Choir: Bilingual (Greek/English) hymns from the Passion service.
Music Exerpts from Holy Week
- "Preparing for the Feast" by Melissa Tsongranis
- "Living in the Light of the Resurrection" by Philip Mamalakis
- "Preparing for the Sacrament of Holy Unction" by Fr. Theodore Petrides