Season Premiere of Be the Bee #147 | How to Start (and Keep) a Prayer Rule
By Steven Christoforou
“It is better to pray little but often.”
(Saint Theophylact of Bulgaria)
One of the core practices of our spiritual lives is prayer.
However, for many young people, starting a daily prayer discipline can seem overwhelming.
How much should I pray?
When should I pray?
Am I doing it wrong?
To help, the season premiere of “Be the Bee” addresses this important topic and offers practical, actionable tips to help young people get started (and maintain) a daily habit of prayer.
Be the Bee #147 episode includes:
- the four keys to starting (and sticking to) a prayer rule;
- a PDF workbook that will allow viewers to develop an achievable, daily prayer rule with the help of their spiritual father; and
- a companion calendar to help viewers track their progress over the next few months.
The episode offers a simple prayer challenge:
Can we all commit to maintain our daily prayer rule over the next three months?
The new season will include forty challenging and inspirational videos to help people connect to Christ in a deep, meaningful way.
New episodes of “Be the Bee” will premiere every Monday night on the Y2AM Youtube channel: youtube.com/y2am.
However, this is just one piece of the daily youth and young adult ministry content offered by the Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- New episodes of “Be the Bee” at youtube.com/y2am
- Paired with a lesson plan or other downloadable resource
- Perfect for parish youth groups, homeschool, and more
- Small Group materials at y2am.org/smallgroups
- Curricula and questions to connect people in more personal ways
- Perfect for high school groups and young adult groups
- Training materials for small group leaders also available
- New episodes of “Pop Culture Coffee Hour” at ancientfaith.com
- Learn how to engage with popular movies, TV shows, music, and more
- Available both on YouTube (video) and as an audio podcast
- New episodes of “3 Men and a Bible” at youtube.com/y2am
- Weekly Bible Study on the Sunday Scripture readings
- New episodes of “Wandering the Desert” at ancientfaith.com
- Bi-weekly reflection on the challenges we face in our spiritual lives
- Weekly email from Steven Christoforou at http://eepurl.com/dAA5YD
- Links from the week (including the week’s “Live the Word” Bible Study video), a brief reflection on the Sunday Scripture, and other important ministry news