Oxi Day College Scholarships on "Philotimo"
Once again, The Washington Oxi Day Foundation will offer college scholarships to five Greek-American students (Grades 6-12) who best describe the concept of “philotimo.”
- First Place: $4,000 scholarship and an invitation to participate in the Foundation’s 11th Annual Oxi Courage and Service Awards on October 28.
- Second Place: $2,000 scholarship (awarded to two students)
- Third Place: $1,000 scholarship (awarded to two students)
To apply students should:
1. Watch the Foundation’s video ‘The Greek Secret’ on the subject of philotimo at https://www.oxidayfoundation.org/philotimo/the-greek-secret/
2. In 500 words, or less, answer one of the following questions:
- What does philotimo mean to you?
- What are some extraordinary examples of philotimo that you have seen?
- What are some of the things you can do in your daily life to exhibit philotimo?
- How can philotimo improve your life?
3. Submit your answer to the Foundation via the website portal at https://oxidayfoundation.org/philotimo/scholarship-competition/ or via email at [email protected] by Friday, October 15