Take a moment today to sit down with your partner and listen to this short audio clip. When you are finished, discuss the questions below together!
- How much of your communication as a couple is being done via the cell phone/text messaging?
- How does use of the cell phone impact your communication both positively and negatively?
- Are there other parts of technology that impact your marriage and communication? (i.e. Facebook, email, iPad, laptop) How so?
- Create a guideline regarding technology (no devices at the dinner table, no phones in a restaurant, etc.) and follow it for a week as a couple. After the week is through sit down together and evaluate your communication that week. Talk about what you liked or disliked about the guideline. Maybe decide as a couple to continue with it!
* This clip was taken from a larger webinar presentation given by Dr. Ary Christofidis titled, "Investing in Your Marriage."
Is Your Marriage Struggling? Sometime the challenges we face in marriage need someone from the outside to help us sort them out. The decision to enter into marriage counseling does not mean you have failed in marriage or as persons, but rather that you are seeking assistance to strengthen your relationship. For assistance in finding a therapist, speak with your parish priest or visit http://www.marriagefriendlytherapists.com or http://www.aapc.org (American Association of Pastoral Counselors).