Ionian Village Announces Application Date for Tentative IV Next Summer Program
April 15, 2021
NEW YORK- With the blessing of His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros, Rev. Fr. Gary Kyriacou, Director of Ionian Village, will travel to Greece April 12-24, 2021. The purpose of this trip is to examine the possibilities of providing a modified summer program in late July. All possibilities being contemplated, first and foremost, Ionian Village will take into consideration the spiritual and physical health and well-being of all participants.
Under the guidance of our Holy Archdiocese, our IV Next program is tentatively being offered. The program will be for fully vaccinated young adults. Participants must be either ages 19-24, and/or students from the high school class of 2020 (even if only age 18). Anyone that does not meet that exact criteria, unfortunately, will not be permitted to register this summer. Traditional Ionian Village sessions will not be offered this season.
It is Ionian Village’s hope to announce more information in the days to come as the logistics become clearer. For now, here is what is known:
- Only fully vaccinated young adults will be allowed to participate
- Participants must be either ages 19-24, and/or students from the high school class of 2020 (even if only age 18).
- Program length: 12 days
- Dates: From late July to early August 2021
- Price: $1650 upon acceptance (not application)
- IV Next includes travel to all the tradition Ionian Village sites, and professional development sessions with Leadership 100 members
- More information will be provided as it becomes available
Application for IV Next 2021 will open Wednesday, April 21st at NOON EST. The link will be on our website and social media channels.
IMPORTANT NOTES on Application:
- Application will be through the traditional Campminder system
- There will be no payment upon initial application
- Application at this time is not binding in any way, nor does it guarantee a spot in the program
- No forms will be completed until a later date, after acceptance
- Due to the limitations of the Campminder system, regardless of age, all participants have to be registered by a “parent,” who will receive the emails and communications
- The program is still tentative. There is still a real possibility that no program can occur pending demand, travel restrictions, Greece tourism restrictions, and other Covid related considerations
While in Greece, Fr. Kyriacou will meet with vendors, IV facility staff, and all others to examine ways to safely implement this beloved ministry. Restorations to the trapezaria and other portions of the camp damaged in the tornado last October has begun.
The Covid-19 pandemic has halted many events, but the Ionian Village administration team is examining ways to offer a safe and magnificent experience to the young adults of our Holy Archdiocese.