45th Clergy Laity Congress Convenes in Virtual Setting
New York, NY – Today, September 9th at 12:00 noon, His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros will convene the first ever virtual, and the largest Clergy Laity Congress ever, in the history of the Holy Archdiocese of America. With almost 1200 registered delegates, the first day will be filled with messages from His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the Keynote Address of Archbishop Elpidophoros, the Message of the Archdiocese Council Vice-Chair John Catsimatidis, and the Welcome from the Secretary of the Archdiocese Council, the Hon. Judge Theodore Bozonelis, who will preside at the Congress on behalf of the Archbishop.
Day One will include the meetings of the Finance and Administrations Committees, as well as a special Forum on the Pension Plan in the evening. Throughout the Day One, there will be special Ministry Webinars that follow usual program of an in-person Clergy Laity Congress (times may be found at https://www.clergylaity.org/agenda). They are as follows:
- Center for Family Care, Presenter: Father Alexander Goussetis
- Youth Safety, Presenter: Father Earl Cantos
- Ecumenical Office, Presenter: Father Nicholas Kazarian
- Youth and Young Adult Ministries, Presenter: Steve Christoforou
- Stewardship, Outreach and Evangelism, Presenter: Father Jim Kordaris
- Church Music, Presenter: Vicki Pappas
- Internet Ministries, Presenter: Jamil Samara
- Religious Education, Presenter: Father Tony Vrame
- Greek Education, Presenter: Dr. Anastasios Koularmanis
The 45th Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Clergy Laity Congress will conclude on Thursday, September 10th, with the customary Plenary on the afternoon of the 10th.