Junior Division (Grades 7–9)
- In John 15:13–15, Jesus teaches about friendship to His disciples. Discuss the importance of friendship in your life.
- Choose a parable from the Gospel of Luke and discuss how it speaks to our contemporary life.
- Talk about a time and circumstance when you were in awe and wonder – where you sensed the majesty of God.
- Discuss how prayer, fasting, serving others, or study of Orthodoxy assists you with your relationship with Christ and the Church.
- In Mark 2:1–12, four men remove a roof in order to bring a paralytic to Jesus to be healed. How inventive are we in bringing people to Jesus for healing?
Senior Division (Grades 10–12)
- People often say, “It felt right” in order to explain their decisions. How many of our decisions factor in not only our feelings but also the will and commandments of God?
- Christ’s disciples made the commitment to follow Him without knowing what the outcome might be. What does it mean to follow Christ today?
- How can we have religious conversations on social media in an age of trolling?
- Christ said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear” (Mark 4:9). The Lord said this with reference to the way we hear the word of God. What is our response?
- Our lives are saturated with violence, not only in terms of the proliferation of war and terrorism but even as entertainment through movies and video games. In such an environment, how can a Christian cultivate virtues that lead to empathy, peacemaking, and self-sacrifice?
Tips and Resources document coming soon!
Click on the link below to download the official PDF of the topics.