Ionian Village 2013 Registration Now Open
Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK – Ionian Village, the summer camping ministry of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, is now accepting registrations for its Summer 2013 programs.
Operating from a beautiful seafront campsite on western Peloponessos in Greece, Ionian Village brings its campers and staff into close contact with their faith and heritage as they travel throughout the country to sites of cultural and religious importance.
In its 43rd year, Ionian Village has reached over 16,000 campers, staff and clergy through its programs. Participants return home each summer with strengthened faith and an expanded appreciation for the Church and our Greek heritage.
“Ionian Village is more than just a camping program, it's like nothing you've ever done before,” says Fr. Evagoras Constantinides, Director of Ionian Village. “Our campers and Staff Members get to experience Greece and live their Orthodox Faith, which in turn helps them discover who it is they truly are. This isn't just a summer camp; Ionian Village promises to be the best summer of your life.”
Ionian Village offers two camping sessions:
- Summer Travel Camp (June 23 to July 12)
- Byzantine Venture (July 20 to August 8)
Registration is open to Greek Orthodox youth who have completed grades 8 through 12.
In addition, Ionian Village offers our Young Adult program, Spiritual Odyssey. This shorter pilgrimage-style trip is open to young adults ages 19 to 28.
- Cyprus and Crete (May 30 to June 9)
For more information about any of the Ionian Village programs, or to participate in this summer’s programs, visit www.ionianvillage.org or contact the Office of Ionian Village at (212) 570-3536.
== 30 ==
- Encyclical of Archbishop Demetrios for the Feast of the Holy Unmercenaries - November 1, 2014
- Συναντήσεις του Αρχιεπισκόπου Δημητρίου με την ανώτατη πολιτική ηγεσία της Κύπρου
- Ο Αρχιεπίσκοπος Δημήτριος γιόρτασε τα ονομαστήρια του, διαβεβαίωσε για συνέχιση του αγώνα για τα δίκαια της Κύπρου
- Ιστορικό Προσκύνημα του Αρχιεπισκόπου Δημητρίου στη μονή του Αγίου Ανδρέα και στους εγκλωβισμένους της Αγίας Τριάδας και του Ριζοκάρπασου