Ionian Village Announces Summer 2013 Program Dates
Oct 3, 2012
NEW YORK – The Office of Ionian Village announces the dates for its 2013 Summer Programs. Ionian Village is the camping ministry of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America with campgrounds located in Peloponnese, Greece across from the island of Zakynthos. After 43 years, Ionian Village continues to offer the Orthodox Christian youth of America an unparalleled spiritual and cultural camping experience.
Ionian Village Summer 2013 Camping Programs
The picturesque Ionian Village campgrounds sit along the shores of the pristine Ionian Sea and are equipped with a private beach, an Olympic-sized pool, air-conditioned cabins, and various athletic courts and fields. Campers actively explore their Orthodox faith and heritage, both through the daily camp program and through excursions to culturally and religiously significant sites throughout Greece. Excursions vary slightly between the two sessions and will include Ancient Olympia, Patra, Zakynthos, Kefallonia, Kerkyra, Aegina, Epidavros, Mystras, and Athens. Each 20-day session is open to young people who have completed grades 8 through 12.
- Summer Travel Camp (STC): June 23 – July 12, 2013
- Byzantine Venture (BV): July 20 – August 8, 2013
Ionian Village Spiritual Odyssey Pilgrimage
The Spiritual Odyssey program offers young adults the opportunity to intimately encounter our culture and faith through focused pilgrimages. Spiritual Odyssey is open to young adults between the ages of 19-28.
- Spiritual Odyssey: Cyprus and Crete: May 30 – June 9, 2013
While in Cyprus, participants will experience our faith and culture first-hand, visiting sites where the Apostles once preached, also learning about the Cypriot struggle and ongoing division of the island. Participants will also explore the beautiful beaches, food, and culture of the island of Cyprus. Participants will then travel to Crete where they will marvel at the ancient ruins in Knossos and experience the island’s rich religious heritage.
Applications to be a part of our summer Staff will be posted on our website on November 5, 2012.
For more information regarding any of our 2013 Summer programs, to apply to be a Staff, Medical, or Clergy Member, or to register for our ever-expanding Alumni Project please visit the Ionian Village website at www.ionianvillage.org.
== 30 ==
- Archbishop Ieronymos Visits the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Community of St. Demetrios in Astoria
- Archbishop Ieronymos Presides At Divine Liturgy Concelebration at Holy Trinity Cathedral
- His Beatitude Archbishop Ieronymos of Athens and All Greece Receives Honorary Doctorate from Holy Cross School of Theology
- Address of His Beatitude Ieronymos at the Graduation Ceremony of Hellenic College and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology