Registration Opens for Ionian Village Summer 2012
Jan 9, 2012
NEW YORK – Ionian Village, the summer camping ministry of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, is now accepting registrations for its Summer 2012 programs.
Operating from a beautiful seafront campsite on western Peloponessos in Greece, Ionian Village brings its campers and staff into close contact with their faith and heritage as they travel throughout the country to sites of cultural and religious importance.
In its 42nd year, Ionian Village has reached more than 16,000 campers, staff and clergy through its programs. Participants return home each summer with strengthened faith and an expanded appreciation for the Church and our Greek heritage.
Summer 2012 marks the first summer under new Director, Fr. Evagoras Constantinides, who himself is among the ever-growing alumni of the Ionian Village programs. “I am excited and humbled to be at the helm of this important ministry of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese,” says Fr. Evagoras. “I know firsthand how powerful the Ionian Village program is within the lives of our Orthodox young people and look forward to continuing the life-changing work that takes place every summer.”
Ionian Village offers two camping sessions:
- Summer Travel Camp (June 29 to July 18) and
- Byzantine Venture (July 25 to August 13).
Registration is open to Greek Orthodox youth who have completed grades 7 through 12.
This summer will also see the expansion of the Spiritual Odyssey program, shorter pilgrimage-style trips for young adults ages 19 to 28. Three unique programs are being offered:
- Cyprus and Constantinople (May 30 to June 9)
- The Greek Mainland (June 10 to June 20) and
- The Greek Islands (July 15 to July 25).
For more information about any of the Ionian Village programs, or to participate in this summer’s programs, visit www.ionianvillage.org or contact the Office of Ionian Village at (212) 570-3536.
== 30 ==
- Archbishop Demetrios to travel to Alabama for the 50th Commemoration of the “March on Selma”
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Mourns the tragic death of Fr Matthew Baker
- NY GOYA Youth Present Donations for St. Nicholas and Assistance to Greece
- Encyclical of Archbishop Demetrios for Holy and Great Lent 2015