Enthronement Media Advisory
Sep 16, 1999
ARCHBISHOP ARRIVES BY OLYMPIC THURSDAY AT 4:00 P.M.
- Credentials will be available Saturday morning at Holy Trinity Cathedral (319 East 74th St. ) for accredited media beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Because of limited space and anticipated crowds, Media instructions will be strictly enforced.
- If you plan to attend The Ceremony and/or Luncheon, members of the American press should contact Liz Economou at (212) 774-0283. Members of the Greek Press should contact Costas Palakas at (212) 774-0288.
- TELEVISION: Due to limited space, we encourage all electronic Media to use our satellite feed of the entire event at the following Satellite coordinates:
Domestic Information-Saturday, Sept. 18 -10:30a.m to 1:00 p.m. EST
Satellite GE3-Transponder K14
International Information-Saturday, Sept. 18-10:45 a.m. to l:00 p.m. EST; IntelSat K -Transponder H6 Lower
For information call Nick Furris at CELL PHONE 904-571-5692
New York, NY-- First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton will attend the Enthronement Service of the new Greek Orthodox Archbishop of America, His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios on Saturday,September 18th at the Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity beginning with a procession at 10:30 a.m. and Enthronement Ceremony from 11:00 to Noon. An Enthronement Luncheon will follow at 1:00 p.m. at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios will arrive on Thursday, September 16th by Olympic Airlines arriving at JFK Airport at 4:00 p.m. The official arrival ceremony will be held at Building 14, Port Authority Administration Building. A statement will be read by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios who will then proceed to the headquarters of the Archdiocese (10 East 79th St., NYC) for a Doxology (Prayer of Thanksgiving) and welcome by the staff.
- FDF 2017 Faith, Dance, Fellowship, largest Greek Orthodox Youth Gathering in the United States
- 41st Annual FDF Brings Together Faith, Culture and Philanthropy
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese to Continue Successful Fellowships at the UN
- Thirty Dance Groups Expected to Participate in "Parathosi 2017" Dance Festival