Papal Voyage to Ecumenical Patriarchate DVD Presentation Now Available
Sep 19, 2007
New York - Greek Orthodox Telecommunications, the television ministry of the Archdiocese, and the Order of St. Andrew Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, have announced that a Commemorative DVD presentation of the 2007 Papal Voyage of Pope Benedict XVI to the Ecumenical Patriarchate is now available for purchase.
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew welcomed the Pope to the Ecumenical Patriarchate in November – December 2006 with the words, “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. Your Holiness and most beloved brother in Christ, we welcome you with great joy, honor and love.”
The Papal Voyage, the first official visit of a Primate of the Roman Catholic Church to Istanbul since Pope John Paul II visited the Ecumenical Patriarchate and His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Dimitrios in 1979, constitutes a historic continuity of the previous meeting of Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras and Pope Paul VI, who proclaimed the lifting of the anthemas in 1965, which resulted from the great Schism of the Church and divided Christianity in 1054.
The Commemorative DVD set contains 4 programs on 3 DVD’s:
1. Doxology of Thanksgiving on the Occasion of the Arrival of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI to the Ecumenical Patriarchate (November 29, 2006)
2. Patriarchal Divine Liturgy & Feastday Celebrations of St. Andrew the Apostle, including the Signing of the Common Declaration by Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew and Pope Benedict XVI (November 30, 2006)
3 & 4. Pre-Arrival Press Conference (November 28, 2006) and Tribute Banquet in Honor of His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew hosted by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Order of St. Andrew, Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate (December 1, 2006)
This DVD is available for $19.99 plus $6.00 shipping and handling. For more information or to order a copy please contact GOTelecom at 212-570-3588 or send a check for $25.99 with your shipping information to GOTelecom, 8 East 79th Street, NY, NY 10075.
Contact: Marissa Costidis
- Encyclical of Archbishop Demetrios for the Ecclesiastical New Year and the Day for the Protection of our Natural Environment
- Statement by His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew on the Present Violence in Iraq
- Encyclical of Archbishop Demetrios for the Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos - August 15, 2014
- Schedule of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios for August 14 – September 2, 2014