Social media commenting policy.
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA) engages in social media to follow the commandment of our Lord Jesus Christ who said: “Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation” (Mark 16:15).
We encourage you to post, comment, and interact with others, and ask that remarks be on-topic and respectful.
- See Christ’s image in all those with whom you interact.
- “Love one another earnestly from the heart.” (1 Peter 1:22)
- Emotion is difficult to convey online. Extra vigilance is needed.
- Using ALL CAPS is conveyed as “yelling” online.
- Do not say anything online that you wouldn’t say to someone directly.
Comments will be deleted if they contain:
- Hate speech
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity
- Defamation to a person or people
- Personal attacks and/or name calling
- Inciting others through any means, including excessive sarcasm or arguing
- Spam, advertising, or comments unrelated to the topic
- Other comments the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese deems inappropriate.
Posted comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the GOA. If you have any concerns about posted comments, please email us at email@example.com.