Parish Activities Coordinator: Job discription and responsibilities
parish activities coordinator job description page
Position: Parish Activities Coordinator
Status: Full time
Supervisor: Parish Council Liaison
1907 a small group of Greek immigrants drew up the constitution of the
Greek Orthodox Community of Oregon and established a church dedicated
to the Holy Trinity. Today, Holy Trinity is a bustling community of
over 800 families spread throughout the Portland-Vancouver Metropolitan
area, with innumerable ministries serving its parishioners and the
community at large.
Parish Activities Coordinator shall work a minimum of 40 hours per
week. The Parish Activities Coordinator needs to be an energetic and
charismatic individual whose focus shall be to provide support and
continuity to existing programs and facilitate the growth of future
church programs. The Coordinator will work with the leaders of parish
ministries with a particular emphasis on youth related activities. The
Parish Activities Coordinator shall connect parishioners with groups
and programs of interest t them.
- Become acquainted with parishioners, group leaders and various ministries as part of a 3-month orientation
- Establish and maintain a master calendar of all church events, meetings, and activities.
- Schedule facilities reservations.
event planning checklist and procedures for church activities. Maintain
a database of all past activities and the accompanying planning
checklists for future reference.
and support parishioners to serve as volunteers. Establish a volunteer
database and assist group leaders with the orientation and training of
volunteers for various programs.
- Assist in coordination, development and implementation of youth ministries. Publish periodic youth activities newsletter.
as needed with ministry leaders to solicit program suggestions,
establish goals/objectives, present reports and updates on ministry
- Collaborate with ministry leaders in promoting spiritual, cultural, social and philanthropic activities.
and chair a Parish Activities Council that will provide a forum for
ministry leaders to share ideas and review activity calendars.
in the coordination of major parish activities including but not
limited to; annual community picnic, New Year’s Eve party.
- Establish office hours, when the Coordinator will be available to parishioners and staff.
regular reports to the Parish Council and assume additional
responsibilities as assigned by the Parish Council liaison/supervisor.
Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church ® Portland, Oregon
Click Here: For Parish Activities Coordinator Evaluation Form
Return to Activities Coordinator
Return to Ministry Profiles