Goals for Family Ministry ConferenceParticipants will...
- leave understanding the vision of family ministry and how to launch and sustain a family ministry program in their parish.
- be introduced to resources to assist them in their ministry.
- make connections with others who are interested in family ministry. These connections will provide support to one another as they develop their family ministry program.
The Vision of Family Ministry is to...
- make all people in our Orthodox Christian family active sacramental members.
- get all members of our Orthodox Christian family to drive the church home with them.
- engage our family members at all ages and stages of life of the Church (young/old/married/cradle Orthodox/converts/intermarried couples).
- be people centered not program centered.
- build relationships (between our parishioners and most importantly with Christ).
- connect church to community.
This conference is for clergy, seminarians, pastoral care workers, lay assistants, professional counselors, ministry leaders, and lay people interested in building family ministry in their parishes and homes. In addition, there is a special parents session with family parenting expert, author, and radio host, Jim Burns.
Sponsored by the Center for Family Care of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The Center works to bring more aspects of our faith into the home and to bring more families into the Church. St. Mary's Greek Orthodox Church is hosting this conference. We are excited to be pairing with a parish that has set such a wonderful example for Orthodox Christian family ministry.
A generous grant from Leadership 100 is helping to fund this conference. We are grateful for their support.
In addition to keynote presentations and workshops, the conference will offer participants opportunities for formal and informal discussion. It is our hope that they will leave the conference with a network of people to support them in their ministry. Below are some highlights of the conference:
- His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America
- Fr. Anthony Coniaris, M.Div.
- Fr. Constantine L. Sitaras, M.Div.
- Fr. Harry Pappas, M.Div., Ph.D.
Intensive workshop session
- Jim Burns, Ph.D. Director of HomeWord Center for Youth and Family
Developing a Strategy for Family Ministry
General workshop information
- Making your Parish a Family
- Outreach to our Missing Parish Family Members
- Using Technology as a Parish to Reach Out to Your Parish Family
- Religious Education across the Family/Developmental Life Span
- Creating Space for Teens and Parents to Talk about Their Faith
- More are being scheduled go to the speaker section for the most current list of speakers and their topics.
Most meals, coffee, and tea will be at the DoubleTree Hotel, with one dinner at St. Mary's. It is our hope that mealtime will allow participants the opportunity to discuss their session and build connections with one another.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis-Park Place
1500 Park Place Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55416
St. Mary's Greek Orthodox Church
450 Irving Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 (starting in the evening)
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013
Saturday, September 28, 2013 (ending around noon)
Click here for detailed schedule
(Registration includes all meals)
|Early Bird Registration (by August 15)||$75|
|Registration (Open until September 18)||$100|
|Late and Walk-in Registration||$150|
Please note, we would like everyone who wants to participate in this conference to be able to attend. If finances are an issue, please contact the Center for Family Care.
For questions, please contact the Center for Family Care at email@example.com or 845-424-8175