The 2010 Clergy-Laity Congress and National Philoptochos Convention will convene on Sunday July 4-8, 2010 at the Marriott Atlanta Marquis in Atlanta,Georgia.
The Marriott Atlanta Marquis is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Atlanta’s Peachtree Center and in close proximity to the Georgia World Center, the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, the Georgia Aquarium, New World of Coca Cola and Centennial Park.
The Marriott is approximately 20 minutes from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Transportation to the Marriott is available via Airport Shuttle ($30rt), MARTA ($2) and Taxi ($32). Prices are subject to change. Detailed/Update information will be outlined in your Congress Registration Confirmation Letter.
ATLANTA MARRIOTT MARQUIS
265 PEACHTREE CENTER AVENUE
ATLANTA, GA 30303
1,663 newly renovated guest rooms including 94 elegant suites with sophisticated style and luxury, oversized bathrooms, floor to ceiling windows, high speed internet access, Valet Parking, Pool, and Health Club.
Reservations may be made by calling the Marriott Atlanta Marquis directly at (404) 521-0000 or Marriott Reservations at 1-800-228-9290. Please tell reservations that you are with the “Greek Orthodox” group. To be guaranteed our discount rates please make your reservation prior to the cut-off date MAY 10, 2010.
Rates for the 40th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress are $169 for single, double and triple occupancy. Suites begin $350. Room taxes are currently 15%.
Please note the Registration Fee’s for the 40th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress are:
- $550 Registration Fee for duly elected delegates, Archdiocesan Council, National Philoptochos Delegates.
- $600 Non-Delegates/Guests (Will only receive ticket packet)
- $400 Registration Fee Sisterhood of Presvyteres
- $100 Registration for retired Clergy and retired/widowed Presvyteres
The Registration Fee is inclusive of all Clergy-Laity Meal Functions, Workshops, Forums, Congress Registration folio and all collateral materials. The Registration Hours for Clergy-Laity and National Philoptochos are as follows:
- Saturday, July 3 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Sunday, July 4 1:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Monday, July 5 8:00 am-9:00 pm
- In 2010 Clergy-Laity will end one day earlier (Wednesday instead of Thursday).
- The Congress Exhibit Hall will be open from Sunday, July 4 through 5:00 pm on Wednesday, July 7.
- A full package of tours of popular Atlanta attractions will be made available in the Registration area and throughout the Hotel Concierge.
- Tickets for family and guests to attend CLC events will be made available - information will follow.
- CLC will produce a Commemorative Album following the Congress - We welcome your participation and financial support.
- The Sisterhood of Presvyteres will sponsor the 2010 Clergy-Laity Child Care Programs. Only children of Clergy and presvyteres between the ages of 5-11 years old are elegible.
- Congress Workshops are open to all delegates and guests.
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
8 East 79th Street, New York, New York 10075
Tel.: (212) 570-3549
Fax: (212) 570-3587